Questions For Mormons.
1) Did you know there exist over 24,000 old manuscripts,
that is hand written copies, of portions of the New Testament (NT)?
2) Did you know over 5,000 of these old manuscripts are in
Greek, the language the NT was written in?
3) Did you know only around 3 percent of the Greek words in the New Testament
are in question?
4) Did you know we could construct all but a few verses of the entire NT from the
writings of the early church fathers?
5) Did you know the Bible claims to be God's Word hundreds of times?
6) Did you know the apostle Paul tells us before he became a
follower of Jesus, "...I... was zealous toward God, as you all are
today. I persecuted this way to the death...: Acts 22:3-4 NKJV and
Proverbs 28:26 NKJV says, "He who trusts in his own heart
is a fool...". How trustworthy are our feelings? 1 John 4:1 says
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits,
whether they are of God..."
7) According to John 1:1,14 was Jesus God in the beginning or
did Jesus become God?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God." John 1:1 NKJV
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld
His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and truth." John 1:14 NKJV
8) Is God's Word, the Bible, "truth"? In John 17:17 Jesus said,
"... your word is truth." NKJV
9) Does the LORD (Jehovah) say, "...Before Me there was no God
formed, Nor shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10 NKJV
10) Does the LORD (Jehovah) say, "Thus says the LORD, the King of
Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: I am the First and
I am the Last, Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 44:6 NKJV
11) Does the LORD (Jehovah) say, "Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock, I know not one." Isaiah 44:8
12) According to scientists there are over two trillion billion
stars in the visible universe. According to the Bible who
made all these stars and their planets?
"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and
that are on earth, visible and invisible, ... All things
were created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16
NKJV See also Colossians 1:13-15 and John 1:1-3.
13) Do we have to earn salvation, that is the forgiveness
of our sins or is it a gift we just accept through faith?
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that
not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. not of works,
lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV
"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but
according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing
of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit."
Titus 3:5 NKJV
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right
to become children of God, to those who believe in His
name." John 1:12 NKJV
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is
eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 NKJV
14) Egyptologists tell us the the papyrus Joseph Smith
translated into "The Book of Abraham" has nothing to do
with Abraham. They say it concerns an Egyptian funeral.
In light of this, do you believe Joseph Smith's translation
of "The Book of Abraham" is trustworthy?
15) Why has no evidence been found for many cities, plants,
animals, and metals which "The Book of Mormon" says existed in America
during a certain time period?
16) Does 1 Timothy 2:5 say, "For there is one God and one Mediator
between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus." NKJV
17) Does the Bible ever say any organization mediates between us and Jesus?
18) Does 1 John 5:12-13 say, "He who has the Son has life; he who does
not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written
to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that
you have eternal life,..." NKJV
19) Does the Bible ever say one has to be in any organization to believe in
or receive Jesus?
20) Does the truth has anything to fear from people carefully examining it?
Only a lie fears to be carefully examined.
21) What can the truth fear from you carefully researching and examining
the claims and teaching of the Mormons from ex Mormons.
22) Deuternomy 18:19-22 NKJV says, "When a prophet speaks in the name of the
LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which
the LORD has not spoken, the prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you shall
not be afraid of him. Did you know Joseph Smith had a number of failed
prophecies. Except for the cover all these prophecies are LDS material.
23) What could "the truth" have to fear from a careful examination of the
following websites and videos?
A talk by Former BYU professor Lynn Wilder.
50 Problems with the Mormon Church. Note: I believe the
waters of Noah's "erets" land, country, or earth flood affected a large
area of the earth but did not cover the whole earth with water. See
the possible meanings of "erets", "adamah" and "cosmos". Listed problems
38-43 I disagree with but I think it's okay to examine things we disagree
with. This video is very revealing and fast moving.
A site with many resources for people questioning the mormon church.
Says they give arguments from both defenders and critics of the church.
Top 10 Mormon Problems Explained.
A video by an ex-mormon about Mormonism and feelings.
This Ex-Mormon's video is Top 10 reasons I left the LDS church.
A search on youtube will list many videos by former Mormons telling why
they left the mormon church.
24) Did you know the Bible tells believers if they know and love Jesus
they will obey him? See John 14:23 and 1st John 2:4. Real Christians
aren't perfect but they want to and try to follow and obey Jesus.
1 John 1:6-2:6.
By the way, Copyright 2019 by Wayne Mckellips. Last updated
1/8/2019. Please copy and share but don't sell.