Some of my Beliefs in Bullet Form.
Some of my Beliefs in Bullet Form.
1) The Hebrew and Greek manuscripts of the Bible, as a whole are trustworthy.
John 10:35. 2 Peter 1:19-21. 2 Timothy 2:15 & 3:15-17. Psalm 119:11.
2) The God of the Bible, Jehovah or Yahweh, is the only creator God there is.
Isaiah 43:10 & 44:6,8. John 1:1-3. Colossians 1:15-16. Revelation 4:11.
3) Our physical universe and the Earth are billions of years old.
4) Evolution of all life forms on Earth did occur. I think Genesis chapter one
allows for this as it records God said, "Let the earth bring forth." and
"Let the waters bring forth." Genesis 1:11,20,24.
5) Adam and Eve were created special by Jehovah God as recorded in Genesis chapter two.
6) Adam was probably the first man in importance but not in time. 1st Corinthians 15:45.
7) Noah's flood was caused by ocean waters being raised up to cover the dry land.
8) Flood waters covered the whole erets or land, but not the whole earth. The flood
waters stayed high for seven months, as Genesis 7:24 and 8:3 says.
9) Noah's ark landed in Turkey, near Mt. Ararat, probably on Mt. Judi. Genesis 8:4.
10) Joshua's long day did occur as did the turning of the sundial backwards by ten
marks. I believe Venus twice indirectly caused the torque that resulted in a
great increase in the precession of the Earth for around 10 hours. Joshua 10:12-14.
Isaiah 38:7-9. 2 Kings 20:11. 2 Chronicles 32:31.
11) I believe in the one God, the what, there are three persons. Our Father, the
captain. Jesus, the son, our Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit. Note: I was
saved when I was 7 years old and knew nothing of the doctrine of the trinity
until 6 or 7 years later.
12) I believe Jesus left heaven and was born of the virgin Mary around 2000 years ago.
He was sinless but bore our sins and the penalty for our sins when he died on the
cross. He is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. He was buried
in a tomb but rose physically alive three days later. He appeared alive to his
disciples and 40 days later ascended into heaven. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts.
13) Jesus is coming again. I think I will probably be alive to see him return. Acts 1:11.
His return will probably be in two stages. 1st the rapture. 2nd seven years later
when he lands on Earth, then eventually enters Jerusalem and rules Earth for 1,000
14) I believe the Hebrew and Greek words olam and aion are better translated as age
or age-during insead of forever or eternal like they normally are in most Bible
translations, when dealing with life in Hell or Heaven. Youngs Literal Translation
of the Bible translates them as age-during. www.tentmaker.org has a lot more
information on this topic.
15) I believe God in his mercy sends some people to Hell, for an age, as they need an
attitude adjustment. Thinking its okay to torture and murder people is not good.
16) I believe many people have lived before. Why did the disciples ask Jesus, "Who
sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:2. They must
have thought he sinned badly in a previous life. Some of the early church fathers
believed in reincarnation. I have read over 5,000 testimonies by people all over
the world who died temporary and came back. Many report finding out they had
lived previous lifes. See nderf.org/site_index.htm . Also a number of children
report accurate details about a previous life on youtube. The Bible tells us
after death comes the judgement. Many people report a judgement or life review
during their temporary deaths. The Bible never says reincarnation is not true.
It also never says it is true.
17) I believe there is intelligent physical life forms scattered throughout our
universe. I think we have been and are being visited by different species of
18) Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes unto the Father
except through me." John 14:6. See also 1st John 5:12-13. Because of what Jesus
did for us we no longer need to fear death, if we are trusting in him as our
Savior and Lord. Hebrews 2:14-5. John 1:12-13. Romans 10:9-13.
19) In the story of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31 why did the rich man
go to a place of torment? Why did Lazarus go to a place of comfort? Jesus said
the greatest commandment is to love the lord our God with all our heart, soul,
mind, and strength. The second most important commandment is to love our
neighbor as ourself. Matthew 22:37-39. 1st John 5:20 tells us we cannot love God
who we cannot see if we do not love our brother who we can see. Evidently, the
rich man did not love Lazarus. He did nothing to comfort him. The poor man
apparently did not lack love. So Jesus saved him. Jesus can save anyone he
Copyright by Wayne Mckellips 6/15/2023. Last updated 6/29/2023 You may copy and
share but not sell.